Flourishing Together To Serve.’ (1 Corinthians 12: 4-28)
Our welcoming, spiritually vibrant and inclusive, church school aspires to fulfil the potential of all. We seek to enable every unique child to flourish in body, mind and spirit; gaining wisdom and knowledge and developing gifts and talents. We nurture and empower children to serve as active citizens in God’s diverse, modern world; guided and strengthened by our distinctively Christian values of Hope, Courage, Love, Thankfulness, Forgiveness and Trust.
We welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The school’s general duties, with regards to equality are:
- Eliminating discrimination.
- Fostering good relationships.
- Advancing equality of opportunity.
We will not discriminate against, harass or victimise any pupil, prospective pupil, or other member of the school community because of their:
- Religion or belief.
- Sexual orientation.
- Gender reassignment.
- Pregnancy or maternity.
- Marriage and civil partnership.
We are committed to promoting the welfare and equality of all our staff, pupils and other members of our school community. To achieve this, our school has established the following objectives:
- We will further develop our RE curriculum to extend and deepen all children’s knowledge, understanding and appreciation of a range of different faiths and differences between the beliefs and values of people who have different faith backgrounds.
- We will provide a range of activities to improve all stakeholder’s awareness and understanding of autism and implement measures to enable our school to become an autism friendly school.
- We will commit ourselves to embedding a child rights approach to achieve the Bronze Right’s Respecting School’s Award.
- We will commit ourselves to embedding the 'No Outsiders' programme throughout the school.
- We will establish an Equalities Working Party and seek to include representatives who are able to represent a range of viewpoints of different stakeholders from across our school community to gain feedback and suggestions on our promotion of equality in the daily life of the school.
Our Equality Objectives Statement and our Equality Objectives Policy provide further information and can be downloaded using the links below.