Through our broad and rich curriculum, we aim to enable every child to love learning and develop excellent knowledge and skills, enriched by a secure sense of self-worth and deep moral purpose. We believe it is our collective responsibility to enable and encourage every unique child to flourish in body, mind and spirit; gaining wisdom and knowledge and developing gifts and talents. We aim to nurture skills and talents to enable every individual to achieve, flourish and make a positive difference as active citizens in today’s modern, multi-cultural world.
At Moseley Church of England Primary School our curriculum aims to:
- Provide our children with a broad, well-balanced, challenging education which allows every child to thrive and grow educationally, socially and spiritually
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning.
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations and appropriate levels of challenge and support for every child.
- Provide effective learning opportunities with considerable emphasis on active involvement; with meaningful opportunities for children to develop language and higher-level thinking skills. Offering our children a wide range of exciting and inspiring opportunities with visits, visitors and hands-on experiences related to real-life contexts, to engage children in their learning.
- Enable our children to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations. Providing opportunities for children to make meaningful connections across subjects, to challenge their thinking and deepen their learning.
- Explicitly teach the Christian values of hope, courage, compassion, thankfulness, trust and forgiveness. Nourishing our children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Encouraging our children to develop strong aspirations and a desire to make a positive difference in a society faced with continual challenges that require resilience, understanding and a desire for peace.
- Actively promote the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs to prepare our pupils for life in modern day Britain.
- Support children’s physical development, responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active.
- Provide rich opportunities for our children to develop the firm foundations of knowledge, pride and self-belief. Nurturing our children’s confidence whilst developing their knowledge, skills, dispositions and values; enabling them to achieve their aspirations and make a positive contribution to their community.