Music should be seen as a subject through which children can learn to value effort, practice, perseverance and achievement, and be able to develop the ability to appreciate and control the variety and qualities of sound.
Our aims are:
- To develop/cultivate in children the basic enjoyment of music, and to provide an ongoing development of the progressive skills needed to appreciate all facets of music.
- To maintain and perpetuate a high standard in vocal and instrumental work.
- To encourage individual effort in all children at all levels, and to respect personal opinions about music.
- To promote a sensitivity to individual contributions.
- To share our music making within the school and the community.
- To constantly seek ways of extending opportunities in music within the school.
- To encourage an understanding and love of music.
Please click below for our school policy: