Imagine A World Where Every Child Loves Maths
Please click on the link below for useful parent videos to help with your child's maths.
Singapore Maths Overview
Singapore has become a “laboratory of maths teaching” by incorporating established international research into a highly effective teaching approach. With its emphasis on teaching pupils to solve problems, Singapore Maths teaching is the envy of the world.
NEED TO KNOW
- SINGAPORE CONSISTENTLY TOP THE INTERNATIONAL BENCHMARKING STUDIES FOR MATHS TEACHING
- A HIGHLY EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO TEACHING MATHS BASED ON RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE
- BUILDS STUDENTS’ MATHEMATICAL FLUENCY WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ROTE LEARNING
- INTRODUCES NEW CONCEPTS USING BRUNER’S CONCRETE PICTORIAL ABSTRACT (CPA) APPROACH
- PUPILS LEARN TO THINK MATHEMATICALLY AS OPPOSED TO RECITING FORMULAS THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND
- TEACHES MENTAL STRATEGIES TO SOLVE PROBLEMS SUCH AS DRAWING A BAR MODEL
Please click below for our school's Maths policy: